Monday, October 6, 2008

Making old things new...ish

We're students. We're incredibly cheap. Thus, we have to make old things that may look crappy into newish looking things that look better. Here is our latest project. We bought this table and chairs set from an estate sale because it had 8 chairs. In case you're wondering, yes, we live in a basement suite and no, we don't have room for a gigantic table and 8 chairs. I digress. The previous owner- shall I say elderly woman, shut in type, with or without cats I can't be sure- took such good care of the chairs, they were in perfect condition. When I say perfect condition I mean the synthetic scratchy orange church pew material was wearing well. (Like a pig's nose, our friend says. He's our age too, not the same age as the last owner though you'd never know by his addage) Anyway, they were yucky so we needed a change. Dustin and I set off to the fabric store with completely different visions in our heads-unknowingly of course- He wanted something 'not femmy' and I wanted something very feminine because the set itself is very dark and masculine. After an hour of getting nowhere in Fanny's ( the fabric store) Dust proposed a solution. I got to pick my 8 favorite fabrics, even the femmy ones. So instead of being overwhelmed with one fabric, he let me do 8. I don't know how he came up with that, but it was a truce I could embrace. and, with that, Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you our chairs

3 comments:

This Girl loves to Talk said...

I love the green floral one... anyway if you go with lots of fabrics you dont have to worry about matching anything

Shanalyn Wilde said...

very cute...good job...love the variety

Chelle said...

very nice linz, I likey!