
It's true.
We've all grown tails and turned our noses, or snouts, up.
Piggies. All but one of us. Little Sammy is the toughest of us all, tougher than most of our piggie saturated community. Tougher than all of our kisses and hugs, and hacking fits of death. What a guy.
Max started coughing on Halloween night after trick or treating. I thought he might have caught a chill from being out in the cold wearing only He-Man furry undies. (Not really, but still...) We all stayed home from church Sunday, thinking I was just paranoid. Monday afternoon Max was laid out with a fever and coughing more and more. That night, I felt it too. Tuesday, Dustin had to come home early from school. All week we've had fevers of 40C (104F), cough, core throats, achey joints and general crankiness. Max hasn't complained AT ALL! He's happy to take his vitamins everyday and hope he stops coughing. The doc prescribed Dust and Sam some Tamiflu to shorten the duration. (It was too late for Max and I).
So here I am on a Saturday afternoon, on my computer. What a day- what a week. Groceries running low- wait soup storage and toast running low. All the meals I intended on making last week, now on the menu for next. Shut in. That does things to your mind. Last night I was pretending to be Ludo from the Labyrinth. "Sarah, Ludo, frieeeeeeeeeeeends?" I also determined that Sam could pass as the bog of eternal stench and Max, Hoggle. What about Dustin? The goblin King is too obvious, but what do you think?
Back to reality, here we go, plunging into another week. Will we make it? I think so. I'm sore and tired and ready to die, but I also feel like I just kicked this H1N1 hysteria in the butt. I got it, I think I'll make it. I didn't have to stand in line for 8 hours for the vaccination. 8 hours v. 8 days? I'm unsure who really kicked whose butt...
Here is a pic of Sam, showing he's "boss hog" get it?
Max in his He-Man get up

3 comments:
Oh man, I feel so bad for you guys. I just made a huge batch of soup and took it to a family of 7 (and dad's away for 2 weeks!) who are all sick with it in our ward. I wish I'd known you were sick and I would have brought some up your way. I hope everyone feels normal again soon. Cute halloween costume, Max! We miss you guys!
Thats too bad you guys were all so sick. michael and i got reallllly sick halloween night and were sick for 3 days!! Hope you guys can all get back to normal!!
Sickness stinks especially when it's pig related.
Post a Comment