Thursday, April 14, 2011

now what?

Dustin passed his board exam! What a smartie pants- he was so worried that he wouldn't and that he'd have to rewrite it. Seriously, I can understand the stress but at the same time, I wasn't worried at all. I've never met an awesomer guy. That's why I married him, I guess! So, Congratulations Dust! You're nearly a dentist, all you have to do now is a week of finals and convocate in June.

I was talking to my friend the other day, trying to figure out what we'll do now that my husband is no longer in school. I was telling her that when we were first married, I knew he wanted to be a dentist but I didn't know when that would come to fruition. All we have ever done is set short term goals, 'just get through this semester', 'get a good grade on the exam', 'take this class', 'pass the DAT', 'JUST GET THROUGH MED', etc. etc. Now here we are, faced with long term goals. Where do we live? Where to work? What to do?

Well, I'm happy to tell you, my blog readers (who I used to think was only my mom, but it turns out she doesn't frequent my blog either...so who am I really talking to?) we are moving to Brooks, Alberta! Dustin has a job pending there and we are looking at buying a house. Are we grown up, or what? Ha.

"What's in Brooks?", you ask? Plenty! An aqueduct! A waterpark! A golf course! A school for my kids! Most importantly, a dental clinic, a job! (check out the town website here)

Here we go, standing on the precipice of the rest of our lives. We can't wait!

10 comments:

This Girl loves to Talk said...

heart of the badlands! lol that made me laugh.

well lookie at you all grown up. I'm jealous. Ken is STILL working his way up after taking many various detours in life!! maybe one day we too will grow up and move and buy a house..

Amie said...

That is SO exciting you guys have a job all lined up! You guys will have lots of fun exciting changes coming for you!

The Byams said...

we just went to a basketball tourny there and brady's new favorite saying is everything is better in brooks! the restaraunts were all so delicious! and the rec center is awesome! im excited that you are growing up! hahah congrats guys!

The Dudleys said...

I'm not gonna lie I shed a tear when you decided on Brooks...Edmonton will not be the same without you! I'm so excited that you guys are moving on to bigger and better things. I guess I will just have to frequent Brooks more often than once a year.

Lauren Bennett said...

Amen to the short term goals. Time to grow up? What?! When did this happen? Blindside, I tell you! Anyway, I'm happy you guys have made a decision. I'm sad you are leaving me for that smelly armpit of a place... okay I'm only saying that because it's taking you away. I don't know what that place is really like. I did take a quick glance at the city website however, all I got was a good chuckle over the "illegal dumping" picture hehe anyhoo, let me know how the house thing goes tomorrow!

p said...

You forgot to mention the slaughter house.....Oh yeah, and Brooks being in close proximity to Medicine Hat.


Congrats on your next step. I will graduate in November and have no idea what to do with myself.

Godlonton Family Adventures said...

Good for you! And ya for jobs for husbands! I'm sure you will have all sorts of new adventures in Brooks! Congrats Linds!

Shea said...

Cool cool. I bet the parents are happy you are closer.

Nicole said...

YAY! What an exciting time for you guys!

Steph said...

i have to say... although not super excited when we decided to move to brooks, one of the best decisions EVER MADE!!
we will welcome you with open arms and probably a nice intense calling too :P