Thursday, August 4, 2011

Homer: "Potato Man", Door man: "Where the hell have you been?"



For those who know me can all attest to my love for the best band of all-time. I have loved their songs and sang along to them from my earliest memory. In fact, I remember being tormented by one of my older brothers who shall remain nameless (until the day of judgement) when I was rescued by my oldest brother, Jason. He made me a peanut butter and jam sandwich and took me for a drive in his old beater. We listened to the Joshua Tree and I remember both of us belting out, "Where the Streets Have No Name!!!!" as loud as we could. Actually, that is the only memory I have with Jason growing up because he is so much older than me. Maybe that's a reason why I love U2 so much.


Anyway, all my life I have dreamt of meeting Bono and the Edge after one of their concerts. My dream came true!! Well, the concert part anyway. I decided I didn't really care about meeting Bono after his interview on Oprah. He's a bit cray, I think. But they make great music, those guys. Dustin surprised me with the best birthday gift EVER-two years ago! The tour was postponed last year to this June so I had to wait. But it was totally WORTH IT!


Me with the mulletiest mullet 2011





Justin and Karen came with us on the LRT, which, later we found out was a very popular form of transportation for the majority of the 60,000 people at the show. Crazy. We didn't get to sit with them, but it was great because we got to sit behind the drunkest man there. He was so wasted that on the second song he had pretty much passed out. His good buddies and nasty girlfriend thought it would be the best idea to give the guy a piece of greasy pizza. Turns out that was a bad idea. He puked all all all over --there were seat evacuations in front of him. I tried not to think about the gigantic puddle of puke in front of me. Staring at me. Beckoning me to add to it's bubbly mass. I declined the offer and kept my dinner.

Needless to say it was the best show. EVER!!!! I loved it! I was sad at the end and said to Dustin, "They didn't sing my favorite song!" (one) They came out and sang it for their encore! It was amazing!

Thanks, Dust! I loved being there with you and sharing one of my favourite things!

Oh, and thank you Jason, for saving my life and teaching me an appreciation for the band of the century.


2 comments:

Shea said...

Sorry sucka but they sang "One" at the SLC show.

Lauren Bennett said...

Woo! Glad you finally got to go! Love the new look by the way. Hot mama!