SURPRISE! We had a baby girl. I told you my dream was right. I'm going to start my own business from home called "One Dream". Sounds reputable huh? Anyway, here's the story of Addy:
We went in on the 10th at 6:30 am. The doctor gave me "the gel" at 8:00 am and we were off and running. The contractions started right away and progressed right along. Dustin and I went for a walk around the hospital for about an hour, came back and I hung out on the ball which really helped for about a half hour. The nurse told me that I had dilated from 2 cm at 8 am to 3 cm at 9:30 am. She knew I wanted the epidural, and suggested that we call the Anesthesilogist as it could take a while for him to get there. Well, he was up there pretty quickly and I had the epidural around 11:30 am. I will add here he did not have the best people skills. As I was all hunched over, I looked at Dustin who seemed to be a bit shaky, and he was like a sheet. He went to sit down and I started to cry because I was scared! The dumb guy putting the needle in my spine demanded- without any emotion- "What's wrong?"
NOTHING! PUT THE NEEDLE IN THERE, I'M NOT SCARED OR ALONE OR HAVING INTENSE CONTRACTIONS. Ship shape, dummy. Anyway, he used a little ultrasound thing and poked me, I cried, Dustin didn't pass out and was able to stand by me for the worst part. All in all, it worked out alright.
I hung around on the bed for a while and my left leg became more numb as time passed. The right leg was kinda tingly, but still frozen. I couldn't get up so there we were. My mom came in the LDR, brought some magazines that my dad picked for me, (That is a funny story for another time) and some baby clothes she'd found in Utah. It was fun because she had boy and girl outfits so we could imagine what each would look like. She left and had lunch, came back, visited until about 2 pm, and left again with my dad to play with the kids at Wilson's.
We waited for my water to break. It only leaked a little, so at 4 pm the OB came and broke it for me. THAT was weird. The doc broke my water with Max, but it wasn't like that. Anyway, by then I was 4 cm and started to feel pressure. 7 cm. I called to let the parents know it wouldn't be long. Then more pressure.
Time to push.
"Wait for the doctor. He's almost here."
Remember when I told you about my right side feeling a little numb? Well, by that point it was a lot less numb. The left side- totally frozen. I felt pain on one side coming from my back all the way forward, rolling under and over me for about 3 contractions.
"Dr. Browne is here." The table still needed to be taken apart and I heard him say, "Hold off for a minute." Oh. I'm sorry, this baby wants to come, but you have another plan? By all means, take your time and put your gown on and find your rolling chair. I'll wait. I'm sure Dustin's hand hurt quite badly for a day or two after.
Well, the resident ended up delivering her. The nurse told me when to push and suggested I reach down to feel the head. I felt like if I moved I would lose it and die. I didn't open my eyes at all or move my hands. I was in my survival place! Luckily, after only 4 pushes, she was out. On my tummy. Not breathing and messy. I opened my eyes to look at her and moved my hands to touch her. It was awesome. I couldn't breathe, either. She was amazing.
They measured her and weighed her and gave her some oxygen. Asked us about our toes- she has mine, by the way. The resident told us her cord was tied in "a true knot" which is rare. She was doing some acrobatics in there. She was healthy and that's all that mattered.
Here are some pictures. Our little Adeline. The missing piece to our family puzzle.
I don't know what's up with blogspot, but the pictures are now all out of order. Bear with me.
 |
| Maybe an hour old |
 |
| On my way to the maternity ward |
 |
| BRAND NEW! |
 |
| HAPPY! |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa Wilson |
 |
| Grandma Wilde in LDR |
 |
| First time holding Adeline |
 |
| Max's first time |
 |
| Sam's first holding |
 |
| If you need Dustin, he'll be wrapped around these little girls' fingers |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa Wilde |
 |
| Let's go home! |
 |
| At Wilson's for bed |
 |
Yes, I know. But what do YOU look like at 8 am in Labor?
|
 |
| BRAND NEW! |
4 comments:
Sweet!! Im so glad it went well! Well not having a doctor in attendance or anything crazy like that but that you and Adeline are doing fabulously! She looks perfect and Elle is gonna LOVE having a sister - just saying =)
wonderful! SO HAPPY!!!!
I had gel with two of my four.
That's a crazy story! Sorry the epidural didn't fully work. But, it sure looks like it was worth it! What a precious little girl. Congrats you guys! :)
Congrats! She is really cute and I am so in love with her name! Super cute and a bit different too! Hope things are settling down okay!
Post a Comment