Thursday, August 7, 2008

catching up





Ok, so there have been a few things happening that I haven't had time to fill everyone in on. You'll have to chalk it up to me being swamped with kids and other stuff. Prepare to be amazed at our family's happenings....



First, most of my sibs made it home for our Wilde reunion. It was pretty awesome to see everyone. I can't believe how much Jason and Wendi's kids have grown up- its ridiculous. Anyway, we all got together the Friday before and went up to Waterton. It was one of the most beautiful days I have ever experienced there- NO WIND! We ran into Linda and the girls with their kids at the picnic site. It was really fun to see everyone together, like when we were growing up. When we got home that night, we all surprised mom and dad with a 40th wedding anniversary celebration. It was great because they didn't suspect.



On Saturday morning, we hit up the Magrath parade where mom and dad had come an hour early to save our seats. All the cousins lined up and caught way too much candy. I still have Max's candy for a reward for using the potty! It was a lot of fun though. After the parade we all met at gram's for the reunion. It was nice to see everyone with their little families. The kids all loved the Astro jump too. Good thinkin mom and dad. Then, like all good things, it had to end. Everyone went home the next day and we were left to help clean up the mess! jokes, it wasn't that bad...



Fast forward a week: Brandon and Shani had Grant blessed so Dustin and I drove down. Dustin picked up his parents from Education Week BYU-I and went on to Texas to hang out with his little brother Spencer. Grant's blessing was great and Max loved playing with Linc. Sam looked like a giant next to the new little guy. I can't believe how much he has grown! Anyway, it was a quick trip and I came home with mom and dad in the back of the Envoy. I don't think I will ever be doing THAT again. Someone should remind me that I'm not super lady and that I will have a hard time with 2 little kids if its 24/7. I'm actually probably being a little overdramatic, but still, it was harder than I had thought.



So here I am, hanging out at my parents' house waiting for Dustin to get back from Texas. It seems we might be moving soon, or be out of a house- so let's hope it isn't the latter. We'll fill everyone in our new address and look forward to hearing from you all. I'll see if I can make my pea brain work to upload pic to this thing. Peace out.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Love the new look linz!